Tuesday 24 September 2013

first anayasis; vee speers


This picture is of a girl holding a black bird in the palm of her hand. She is all dressed in white and agaisnt a white wall. This photo was produced by Vee Speers an austrailian photographer who is 51 years old. Vee Speers studied in Queensland collage. Vee Speers is mostly based in Paris since she moved there in 1990.

This is one of he pictures in The Birthday Party series. The seris is linkd because they are all photos f children ages between 7-10 who are all dressed up for a fancy dress party.

This photo was took in he 21st century,so i think it was took digitally. This photo is portrait and probably took in a studio.

This is a quote from Vee Speers about her work "I don’t like to follow the crowd. I like to seduce, with images that are at once disturbing and beautiful, but leaving a space for the viewer to enter my world. My portraits combine elements which evoke conflicting emotions that can surprise the viewer, telling a story that is somewhere between fantasy and reality, the obvious and the unexpected."

I like this picture because it is all mostly light colours and how the young girl is perfetly still like shes a statue. I like the bird because that is the only dark coloured part of the picture. The whole series of The Birthday Party interests me because I like all of the theme, I think all of the outfits are amazing and I get the feeling that the children don't want to be there by their faces, they look evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment